Monday, April 04, 2005

My 1st fitting with Veluz!

I was online last night at around 9pm to have a chat with Veluz. She was already online even before me. She said she was excited for my first fitting. Well let me just call it ‘fitting’ even though we just did it through the internet and the webcam. She only made a fitting garment for the bodice of my wedding gown. Veluz is really nice to talk to…fun I should say! If I am happy and excited with how I looked in that fitting garment, so is she. You can tell it from her voice. Anyway, I didn’t have anyone to assist me. I didn’t even have pictures taken. Maybe I’ll do that later. She was patient enough to guide me through the marking and measuring. After I have put all the markings, she drew the bodice, made dotted lines on the original measurements and made solid lines for the parts that I have marked. Then, she put letters on every part so it’ll be easier for me to measure. Who would ever think it’s not that hard to do over the internet! We still spent some time over the phone talking about some other details. I told I want the chain design for the bodice over ‘sulihiya’ and ‘callado’. She did tell me she wants ‘callado’ best among others. But she really has this way of explaining how my choice will look nice on the gown. We also talked about designs of the entourage gowns.

My Tita Laling called afterwards and telling her what happened to my chat with Veluz, she suggested for me to have the ‘callado’ instead. She was saying it’s better to have a simple bodice so the embroidery pattern will look at its best. She said it has to be the embroidery which should be the highlight. Now I’m having second thoughts about it. I think I’ll discuss it with Veluz again. Hmmm…what ya think?!

1 Comments:

At 4/13/2005 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Faye!
I must agree with Veluz and your aunt. Jayson had a "callado" design for his barong too. Michi (our designer) said that it's the most elegant design.
Goodluck with your next fittings!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home