Wednesday, April 13, 2005

on weddings

-wedding expenses-

Why is it so expensive to get married today?! Some people say it depends on how you want the wedding to be…how many guests…whose services are you getting whether they are well known in the industry or they’re just starting…and so many other things. We’ve originally set up a budget that we thought is reasonable enough for 200 guests at a garden reception. Don’t get married if you’re not ready financially? Duh! I don’t think the budget set is small. With the economy today and the value of money, it’s very hard to determine when you will be ready. And I guess most people will agree with me that it’s more than just a wedding. We are going to start a family and the preparation is not just emotionally and physically but financially too. Sometimes I tell myself it maybe because I want too many things for my wedding?! Doesn’t anybody want what’s best for this one-time occasion! Well…well…well! Solution? Mmm…At least always scout for reasonably priced with quality services suppliers.

**********

-mothers-

Irvin’s mom wants to wear a ‘terno’ for the wedding. But my mama doesn’t want it. I told this to Veluz and she asked me to encourage my mother. She was just saying it’s better if both of them will wear a ‘terno’. The thing is, my mama thinks she’ll look really old in that design. She even said she’ll look ‘BIG’. As in literally big!

Veluz said chiffon fabric will look nice for ‘terno’. She also mentioned that canary yellow can be used if the moms don’t want the kind of green that she originally suggested. My mama doesn’t also want yellow. Waah! I don’t anymore know what to do. I was telling Irvin I didn’t really anticipate before how hard it is to handle these things. I thought it’s just simple. Designs have already been provided in the first place. Veluz has already suggested fabric type to be used. Whew!

4 Comments:

At 4/13/2005 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Hi Faye!
I would suggest that you give way to your mother's liking. Afterall, she will be the one to wear it. She might feel uncomfortable wearing something that she doesn't like. Let her shine on your big day, respect her individuality. Not every designer is right, hey are just there to suggest and not to impose.
That's what I did to our moms and they've been happy and beaming wearing their choice of gowns.
Just my 2cents worth. Hope all is well.

 
At 4/14/2005 06:28:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said...

Hi Faye, I agree with Leslie. Let your mom's personality shine. It's not necessary naman that they don the same outfits - maybe a little detail that distinguishes both of them as mothers of the celebrated couple will do. Plus! Totoo yung unang sinabi mo, ang gastos magpakasal!!!

 
At 4/14/2005 06:28:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said...

I will link you up ha, you got Mimi too :)

 
At 4/16/2005 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Leah said...

hi faye.

we have the same dilemma, except that it's my FMIL who wants a more conservative, basic dress. oh well.. i hope everything goes well in the preps. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home