Friday, November 11, 2005

suppliers' ratings part 2

Designer : Veluz (Niko)
Contact Info :
www.veluz.biz
Rate: P44k+ (5% discount was given for paying in full on October 2004)
Inclusions: bridal gown in pina silk fabric, veil, 2nd veil, another veil supposed to be for the reception at no extra charge, shoes (also in pina) and bag, 2 pillows, garter, cord
Rating : 1

Plus:
- excellent service from inquiry up to the wedding day
- very personalized
- accommodating
- assisted on the wedding day (Niko set up the gown and all the accessories the night before)
- bride’s best friend
- great rapport with her customers

*Veluz was personally there to assist me. The best thing that I like about her is her being frank and honest. She was like my best friend telling me what’s good and what’s not. She would whisper it to me so she wouldn’t offend other people. She was the one who reminded me of the perfume. She sprayed it on me actually. Veluz was literally carrying my train from the time I left the room till I got in the bridal car. While waiting for my turn to march, she was in the bridal car with me giving me all sorts of encouragement, fixing my hair even though it was already done...and my veil. Niko, on the other hand, put on my earrings. He was like a boy scout ready with so much helpful stuffs like hair wax, gel, and pins.


Groom’s Barong : Tesoro’s
Contact Info : 844-4253 (Pasay Road, Makati)
Rate : almost P8k
Rating : 2

Plus:
- speedy service
- easy to deal with
- custom made

Minus:
- a portion of the barong didn’t have embroidery
- pricey

Groom’s pants : Onesimus
Contact Info : SM Southmall Branch
Rate : P1200
Rating : 2

Plus:
- affordable
- wide selection of fabrics

Minus:
- still needed some repairs

Groom’s shoes : Bristol
Contact Info : SM outlets
Rate : P2k
Rating : 1

Plus:
- comfortable
- affordable

Photographer/s : Mimi Abesamis/Karl de Leon
Contact Info :
www.fotogra.ph
Rate : P38k (less 5% w@wie discount)
Inclusions: min of 700 digital shots, 50 12x12 prints in a classic layout (similar to the Darwin-Pazette and Jules-Assunta albums) 40-page 11x14 magnetic album, proofs in CD, studio or on-location pre-nuptial pictorial, two photographers
Rating : 1

Plus:
- early birds
- accommodating
- patient
- easy to get along with
- great shots (1700+)
- value for money

*They’re just simple…very down-to-earth…silent workers with quality and impressive results. Irvin told them from the start that we’re not naturally photogenic. In simple terms, we really don’t know how to pose and how to smile properly. But they captured every precious moment of the wedding. We looked good on most of the pictures.


Cake Artist : Alex Franco
Contact Info :
www.alexfrancocakes.com
Rate : P12k + P1500 (flower decorations)
Inclusions: 5 all edible layers with different flavors, chocolate mousse with mango fillings on all layers, 1 extra small cake, 30 pieces brownies, miniature doves in a cage, cake topper, 16 pullouts with wishes, free use of steel based stands and utensils
Rating: 1

Plus:
- great tasting cake (most guests liked it!)
- plentiful flowers used for the decoration
- briefing on how to properly cut the cake

*Alex initially gave a sample cake to our coordinator but having learned how I love cakes, he gave me another one when we met him…with my name on it. It was the thoughtfulness that I like most about Alex. His wife, who was friendly and charming, was there as he couldn’t make it.

Rings : J&E Jewellery
Contact Info : Bong
Rate : P80k
Inclusions: 2 wedding rings with 5 diamonds on each (TCW 1.12), 0.50 carat engagement ring, cut - princess, clarity - VS1, color – I, J
Rating: 3

Plus:
- goes to his client/s during meetings
- nicely done engagement ring
- nice person in general

Minus:
- wedding bands not polished enough
- verbally promised a VVS1 clarity and colorless stones
- no certification provided (He made his own certification though.)

*He initially gave a quote of almost P100k for a 1/3 carat engagement ring and 0.58 t.c.w. wedding rings. I got really excited when he agreed to give us a price discount and upgrading the stone weight. I reiterated the specs just to make sure and our coordinator assured that. But to my dismay, they’re not according to what was agreed.

Souvenir maker : Roneena, Inc.
Contact Info : SM Southmall Branch
Rate : P50/piece, P1200 front mold, P1200 back mold
Rating : 4

Plus:
- accessible

Minus:
- needed consistent follow ups
- untidy boxes
- lots of rejects (We had to ask them to replace those.)
- slow worker
- pricey (as per husband)
*Special thanks to Abie ni Howell for the idea. We tried contacting their supplier but things didn’t work so we had to look for another one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home