Monday, June 13, 2005

'the make-up artist'

It was through Shelley who’s also a member of Weddings at Work that I’ve learned of Jasmine Mendiola. I’ve seen her portfolio and the way she did the make-ups is just impressive. She mostly used nude/bare colors which I really like. And I must say I’m kind of biased in that sense. I find it very natural-looking.

Anyway, I sent her an e-mail right away to inquire on her rates. Soon enough, she replied. Her hair and make-up package is P12k for the bride plus 3 more adults. Then, it’s P1500 for every additional head. I got a very good impression on her. I would say she’s professional to deal with and she values what her client wants. Here’s an excerpt from her e-mail…

I'll be at the PERFECT BEGINNINGS 2 at the Megatrade Hall 1 on June 11 & 12 if you want to meet me. Perhaps we can talk about your wedding, the look you want and how it will fit best to your gown, your motif, wedding and reception venue, etc. I am looking forward to working with you, Faye! If there's anything you might need, feel free to contact me. My mobile number is 09267442778. Thanks again & best wishes!

I replied and basically told her about my dilemma. I wasn’t really sure how to handle the situation on the artist. I was worried then that I might not be able to find a good artist if I don’t book as early as now. On the other hand, I might not like the outcome of the trial if I book someone now. Anyway, she was already giving tips in her next e-mail. She was suggesting things that are not really biased on her part. She was still giving me the freedom to choose. Also, she explained thoroughly how she works. She does the make-up herself but usually gets an assistant depending on the number of people getting the make-up done. She has a hairstylist. I must admit that I find the hairstyles in her portfolio too simple for a wedding though. But she said we can work it out! I guess I’ll just look for some in the magazines or websites and have it copied. More importantly, I expressed my concern on having a different look from all the others. She said it’s covered! Nice huh!

Wednesday went to see her at the fair last Saturday. It’s so happened also that she was doing a trial make-up. Wednesday said she’s rather nice and she’s actually giving tips while working. She was telling the people watching what’s nice to use…what will last…etc. etc. We had to decide right away to avail of her promo (15% discount). She agreed to accept the confirmation by phone and we’ll just deposit the down payment should we decide to get her.

We were considering 2 more artists that Wednesday referred…Ricky Dalu (used to work for Patrick Rosas) and Red Reyes. Wednesday has given all the pros and cons. She said Ricky and Jasmine have the same ‘forte’. She also tried negotiating with Ricky. By the way, I’ve seen Ricky’s works in the Metro Weddings Magazine with Claudine Barretto in the cover page and he is sooo good. He really does good quality make up. But having considered everything, we’ve decided to get Jasmine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home