Monday, May 23, 2005

iflowersspeak

I have another sad experience (with a vendor) to share...

Based on my previous post, Irvin and Wednesday had a meeting with Buddy and Cathy Gancenia on May 14th. Irvin got so convinced in getting Buddy. He really liked the quality of his work based on the sample videos shown to him.

Cathy, on the other hand, has envisioned everything that we want for the flower arrangement. She even gave other suggestions that would make it even better. Wednesday has emailed me a brief description of what Cathy intends to do with the arrangement which I have also posted earlier. Tuesday, May 17th, I e-mailed Cathy asking for a detailed proposal. My only purpose is for me to have a better idea of the whole picture from a supplier's perspective. She replied and asked me to give her until Monday, May 23rd to have the proposal ready. She said she's busy and she had a wedding last saturday. I said I'm fine with that and I'll just wait for Monday then. Guess what??? She sent me an email today saying someone already booked her on our wedding. aaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I really don't know how to react to that! 1st, she's the one who said Monday because she's too busy to accomodate the request when she got my e-mail. 2nd, having said that, I'm kind of expecting that she would at least give some consideration to me. I think I should have really been given the chance. She could have told me she needs me to decide now because there's someone who wants to book her. I understand that any supplier wants a sure deal but all I'm saying is I'm just waiting for her proposal really. I have asked her a week ago and since she couldn't do it immediately, I agreed to wait till the date she said she can do it. Am I expecting too much? I don't really know. Maybe I am to some of you. But why didn't I make a pencil-booking then? I also don't know. I'm not even sure if she accepts pencil booking. And I didn't even ask just to make sure.


I usually call Irvin at 8:30 am but since I can't wait for later, I had to wake him up just to tell him the bad news. He said let's just look for another florist but then a little later, I got a text from him saying he couldn't sleep anymore. He's obviously disheartened.

What are we going to do next? Well, we're back to zero!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home