Friday, August 26, 2005

a little of everything...

Invitation
Our invitations are finally done. Irvin picked them up last Wednesday. The thing is the RSVP card came out with borders (top & bottom). It had it in the draft that Ate Irmee made which she didn’t delete thinking that it won’t anymore be visible when printed. Unfortunately, it was. Irvin and Ate Irmee like it. They said it looks like the place cards used at hotels and that it looks even nicer. I wanted to have it re-run at first but was convinced that it’ll be an add-on emphasis. So we’re keeping them as is. I just hope the recipients will like it. We have yet to decide whether we’ll have calligraphy for the envelopes. If and then, we have to send them this weekend so we can start mailing/handing-out on Monday.

Rings
I’ve seen our wedding rings and my ER. I just so like them that all the more I can’t wait to be home. Ate Irmee showed them to me through the webcam as Irvin was at work that time. Irvin said his ring is not that polished. There are little holes that are really visible. I told him to just return it so the jeweler can fix it.

Gowns
The entourage gowns are ready for pick up this Sunday. I just hope they won’t have anymore adjustments. More so, I am expecting for a nicely done gowns with the accents and all. Ate Irmee will also have her measurements done. And since we can’t find a better design for Nanay, we’ll just use this one I saw from a wawie’s (can’t really remember who!) wedding. Wednesday said we’ll be using shantung fabric for her. I don’t think I like the idea though. This design will really look at its best in pina. But since it’s going to be very expensive, maybe we can have organza at least or chiffon. Shantung is very stiff for an old woman like Nanay. I will have yet to discuss this with Wednesday.

Wedding Banns / Permit to Marry
I made a post earlier worrying about these forms required by San Agustin. I don’t really think they practice it here. But I did call the Rectory (Parish Office) and inquired. I was asked to leave the forms and just pick up the next day. I got more worried upon hearing that. I said to myself, ‘how can they publish it if it’s ready for pick up tomorrow?!’ And so I went there and got the forms. Fr. Ceriello filled them up himself with the church seal and a notation ‘not published’. So we just have to explain this to San Agustin later.

Video
I don’t have a clear idea yet as to how we will do the video. But basically there will be interviewees. Questions will have to come from us. Wednesday suggested that we include the story of how Irvin and I met. I’m fine with that. We just don’t want the showbiz type of video and revealing information that are too personal. There are things that are still better left unsaid don’t you agree?!

Program
Wednesday said this should be something I shouldn’t know in detail. She wants to keep some as a surprise which I don’t really mind. She just basically gave me an outline of what should be in the program. I also discussed with Irvin how we will do the 1st dance. Traditionally, it’s only the bride, her father, the groom and his mother who do this dance. But we have agreed that my Mama and his Dad will also participate. We’ve already decided on the songs to be played. It’s just a matter of the sequence.

My shoes/bag
Niko has sent me 2 designs for the shoes. It wasn’t hard to decide at all and I picked this. It’ll be in ‘Callado’. I don’t want it to be too pointed (in the front) neither a stiletto or square type of heel. I want something in between with a shape that’ll also look sexy. He also asked me which design I want for the bag. While there’s not much too choose from in Veluz’s website, I picked one. But I still asked Niko to send me more pictures.




Irvin’s attire
Irvin's attire are now complete. Well aside from the undergarments. He already has the barong from Tesoro's, pants from Onesimus and shoes from Bristol. I actually asked him why he got that kind of shoes. No offense but Irvin's fetish is shoes. So I was kind of expecting him to buy a more expensive brand. But he said he liked the style and it's comfortable.


Itinerary
Wednesday has provided me a partial list of meeting schedules with suppliers. I want to make sure we’ll do this ahead so I could still squeeze in some personal matters like get together with friends and visiting relatives. Our pre-nuptial pictorial is already scheduled. We can’t decide on the venue though. I came up with this idea of pretending to be golfers. I just don’t want it to look so fancy so we’ll see. I wonder if we need to be members or something so they will accommodate us. Hmmm… Alex wants to meet us too. Wednesday said he wants us to taste his cake. I love that! Haha!

Singer
Originally we were thinking of having an all instrumental music at the reception. Personally, we find it more classy and elegant (no offense to anyone) with just music swinging in the air. Then we’ll make use of the church singer that’s actually part of the package. But having heard some not so nice feedbacks about the singer, we thought of just getting one from our string ensemble. And it’s not really cheap. Then we’re thinking if we’ll just have 1 or 2?! Will it be a male or a female?! Will it be just for the church or both church and reception?! Will it really be worth it to think that San Agustin is really strict with the time?! He/she might not be able to sing everything at the church. I heard they even recite the Lord’s Prayer sometimes. Having considered all these, we’ve decided not to have vocals at all.

The wedding is really fast approaching. I’m already having mixed feelings…excited… tensed… stressed… happy. Name it! In fact, I’m worried about my skin again. Yes my skin! I have a lot of pimples in my forehead and all around my neck. What can I do! I can’t sleep well even if I go to bed early! I already lost 5 lbs. Well I’d like to take this on the positive perspective. I’m avoiding fatty foods. What else do you think?!

4 Comments:

At 8/27/2005 09:10:00 AM, Blogger Nette said...

Hi faye, i think it's very natural to feel that way. It seems that most of everything is well covered. Lapit na!

 
At 8/29/2005 06:48:00 AM, Blogger Jasmine Mendiola said...

hi faye! its your makeup artist, jasmine :) about the skin, avoiding fatty food and sleeping early is good. keep on doing that. wash your face as often as possible and moisturize. you have one more month... try seeing a derma. if they're just spots/ bumps, don't worry about it, we can cover that up. but if they're already ripe, make sure you wash your face with warm water first to open up the pores, wash with a mild soap and water and rinse with cold water. don't take drastic measure into your own hands until its last minute! when you come here, see me kagad for the trial :) then i'll recommend what to do. if by wedding day you have red spots, don't worry, we can cover that up. just keep your skin moisturized and clean all the time. ok? i'm so excited for you!!! check out my online portfolio pala, i have a blog na http://jazzmendiola.blogspot.com/

 
At 8/30/2005 01:09:00 AM, Blogger dionne said...

faye, don't worry! like what nette said, most of everything is covered na. =) sleep well and eat well... tama yan! we don't want to look stressed on our wedding day right? =)

 
At 8/31/2005 02:05:00 AM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

You forgot one thing...to RELAX. Doctor's orders! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home