Tuesday, August 09, 2005

invite fonts / ring thickness

invites
We’re using 2 fonts for the invites…Copperplate Gothic Bold and some other script type of font. Irvin and I originally wanted the Carpenter font. We both find it very elegant and formal for an invitation. But when Kuya Louie (his cousin) made the draft of the entourage list, they are not that nice in terms of readability. The size of our invites is 7" x 7" by the way. Anyway, we asked his cousin to make 2 more drafts using this time the fonts Beautiful and Regency. Irvin has asked me to discuss this with Ate Irmee (his sis-in-law) and decide. Now, I’m having a hard time choosing between the two. Which one would you go for? Beautiful or Regency?

wedding bands

Irvin showed me the setting of our rings through the webcam. The very first thing I noticed was its uneven thickness. I told him I personally don’t like it. I told him maybe we can just make the bottom part thicker so it’ll be even! Wednesday has talked with Bong (our ring supplier) if we can do that and unfortunately, he’s not suggesting it. He said a ring that’s too thick will specifically not look good on me. It was made that way to accommodate the stones in which he said is 10 pointers each. I made a post to w@w and thanks to Francis ni Pia that I actually understood what that meant. There were some other members who gave their views on this. Bottom line is… rings with stones are generally like that. So I did some research in the net and found this

  

So I guess they can’t really be even unless the stones are really small. I have to say I’m now more convinced regarding the issue. And as long as it's not much of a difference, I think I'll go for it.

7 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Nette said...

me too i liked the regency, but it's meeh!.

 
At 8/10/2005 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Leah said...

hello faye!

try FONT CANDY for more options on calligraphed fonts : http://slap.her.free.fr/fontcandy/calligraphy.htm. i like AMAZONE BT for easy readability. :D hope this helps!

btw, i was at veluz' embroiderer in lumban. i almost saw your gown kaso nilalabhan na pala. sayang! pero ang kwento nila super callado daw yung top. cool! :)

happy preps!

 
At 8/10/2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger Faye said...

alynn/nette - thanks, guys! mukhang dun ang bagsak namin. mas gusto ni irvin eh. :)

leah - thanks for the link. really?! you almost saw it?! you just can't imagine how excited i am. yup the whole top is callado. :)

 
At 8/11/2005 08:08:00 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

Hey Faye. You know I can't decide on the fonts din. I saw a font that I like in one of the magazines, but I don't know what it is! Now I have to do a bit of research. *Sigh*

 
At 8/11/2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Joanne and Rene said...

hi faye. i like regency more. mas elegant ang dating and its more readable. like the design of your rings. medyo bias kasi its the same one that im thinking of having. =)

 
At 8/12/2005 12:39:00 PM, Blogger Aggie said...

Regency :)

 
At 8/12/2005 02:09:00 PM, Blogger Faye said...

marj - there's too many to choose from kasi. you still have time anyway. good luck in the search! :)

joanne - thanks for your vote! we'll go with regency anyway. re: the rings, we're more of the traditional couple kaya nga wala kami wedding theme eh. but i'm very much happy with the ring design. :)

aggie - hi misis! thanks for your vote. under construction pa rin ba blog mo?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home