Friday, July 01, 2005

attire

It was the measurement taking for the entourage last Sunday. 2 of the Secondary Sponsors (Ruby and Caryl) will have theirs on the 1st week of August since Caryl is still in HK. It practically went well except that Irvin forgot to take the measurements of my brother, Adoy and my cousin, Harvey who will be the Bible bearer. The thing is…Mama hasn’t decided yet on what design she wants. She didn’t like any of the designs provided by Veluz and most of all, she’s not comfortable wearing a ‘terno’. So I said we’ll let her think more as we still have time.

Earlier this week, Irvin told me he got to talk to my Papa regarding the ‘barong’ he’s going to use for our wedding. There is a specific store where Papa wants to get his ‘barong’. But he was also saying he’ll just use his old one which he only wore for 3 hours at a wedding of my god-sister Fritzie. Papa also reiterated that he’s really comfortable in that other than the fact that there’s no need to spend for a new one. Irvin just told him that I want everything new. You know that feeling of being sentimental thinking that I’m the 1st in the family to get married and that he has already worn that. Oh well…

It was only last night that I phoned my family. It was Papa who picked up and same thing he told me what he told Irvin. So I just asked him very clearly if it’ll be ok with him not to buy a new one. And he said, ‘yes’. So end of conversation. I agreed with that. I also thought maybe this is the best way. I know my father. He’s very picky on what he wears. It’s more of comfort. It doesn’t matter whether it’ll be expensive or cheap as long as he’s not uneasy.

I also got to talk to my Mama. And I’m happy to know that she finally decided on the gown design. But… she wants another ‘modista’ to make it for her. She asked if it’s ok with me and she also asked for the budget. And we both agreed. She was trying to explain the design and fabric to be used but I must admit I’m not that familiar with fabrics.

Bottom line… I’m happy because we’ve finalized the issue on my parent’s attires.


1 Comments:

At 7/06/2005 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Leslie said...

That's good news! At least, one less thought to ponder on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home