Thursday, June 16, 2005

2nd fitting with Veluz

I just had my 2nd fitting with Veluz earlier. Gosh! I didn’t really expect it’ll last for 2 hours. I was already excited when I got the fitting garment earlier…all the more when I actually tried it on. I felt like I was ready to walk down the aisle. It’s just a fitting garment and it looked good. Veluz was happy and excited too. There are still some adjustments to be made though…just minor. Well it’s a little loose on my tummy and on the upper chest. Haha! Yeah on the chest area… Geez! And it’s kind of tight too in the armpits. It’s uncomfortable I should say. Veluz said nothing to worry about. We could take care of all these when I get there in September.

She said she has already asked the supplier in Lumban to start the production of the embroidery. It’s expected to be done by end of July. She said we’ll do the beading of the bodice later for we might have some revisions still. I’m so happy with the train length though I must admit I can’t imagine how hard it’ll be at the reception. Veluz said she’ll put a button at the center back hipline then a short string on the middle part of the train. During the reception, I could just ask somebody to attach that string to the button to shorten the train. That is what you call ‘bustling’. She also asked me if I want a petticoat for my gown. I’m like…leave it to the professionals. She said she thinks it’s better to have one and besides, the gown will be heavy. So with the petticoat, it’ll help carry the overall weight. She also mentioned about the seamlines of the skirt which was not in her sketch. She said it’s needed to create a flare for the skirt. This is one thing I like about her. She will let you know every single detail. She will not assume that I didn’t notice that whatsoever.

Regarding the shoes, she said she always suggests for a close toe kind of shoes. Niko will send me some shoe designs and brooches as well. We’re putting a brooch on the gown of the entourage. Veluz has also mentioned she’ll ask Niko to design a hairpiece for me. Great!!!

One very good advice I got from her tonight is that never worry too much of the gown. It’ll get dirty no matter what and it’s meant to be. Don’t even make your groom uncomfortable just because you yourself are not. Relax and have fun at the reception!

You can see the pictures right here.

4 Comments:

At 6/16/2005 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

hi faye! this is a bit OT for this port but i read in w@w that you wanted to give shawls to the PS ba or to your entourage. why don't you give out piña shawls? piña rin naman your gown diba?

i had shawls made for my cousin's entourage and it cost about P1200 pero plain lang - no embroidery. Have it dyed na lang according to your color motiff. just a suggestion. =)

good luck!

 
At 6/17/2005 04:31:00 AM, Blogger Alma said...

follow the advice of Veluz.don't worry too much about your gown...enjoy every minute of your wedding.

yung sakin nadumiihan din, got a little irritated, but for a sec lang :)

 
At 6/17/2005 04:43:00 AM, Blogger Alma said...

saw the pictures...ang taray ng trail :) love the gown, kahit di pa completely ayos :)

 
At 6/19/2005 10:53:00 PM, Blogger Nette said...

Love your gown!!! especially the back...hehehe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home