Monday, July 11, 2005

recent events...

I try to sleep more during weekends. I usually get up late and avoid doing too much things. I got a text from Irvin on Saturday at around 9am saying…

Gud am. How r u? K naman lakad nmin, d lng nkumple2 ung s mga kids. Dscus k n lng syo wen we chat tom. Ingat k, food m n I luv u! :) btw, ung eng ring m s .50 crat.

Uh-oh!!! Do you think I could still sleep?! I grabbed the phone with my eyes still half opened and called him. At first I was like… how did your day go? Blah blah blah… blah blah blah… blah blah blah… Then he mentioned about my engagement ring which he was able to negotiate from 0.35 carat to a 0.50 carat. Geez! I couldn’t explain how happy I was upon hearing that. I’m sure any woman wants to have a nice diamond ring! And of course, the bigger it is the better. Haha!

Irvin already gave the 50% down payment to both Buddy and Cathy last Saturday. If I understood it right, he has already signed the contract for the video but not on the flowers. Cathy still needs to make some revisions…minor ones.

Also, they already bought the ‘barongs’ for the male (adult) entourage from Belen’s in Baclaran. He got pina-jusi at a very good price. Well at least for me. He’s having second thoughts though on his dad’s ‘barong’. He said he didn’t notice the quality of the seams. I’m just not sure if he could still return it. But maybe he could replace it with something else.

He also went to Tesoro’s and had his measurements taken. I think it’ll be ready in 2 weeks. He will wear a Chinese-collared ‘barong’ in pina silk. We also didn’t know that they don’t make pants so Irvin will just go to Onesimus for that.


By the way, I got the swatches that same day from Irvin. I like it! It's gorgeous though I would say it's still darker than Jen's motif. But I would like to give it the benefit of the doubt since it's hard to compare an actual swatch with a picture. I think I'd still go for this one.

4 Comments:

At 7/12/2005 10:03:00 AM, Blogger Dorothy said...

whoa! dami accomplishments palagi ah. sipag naman ni irvin! :)

 
At 7/12/2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Faye said...

hi, pao! naku buti na lang nga kamo. haha! he better be! :) ang hirap kasi talaga ng hindi hands-on ang bride.

 
At 7/12/2005 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Joanne and Rene said...

congrats for having the engagement ring that you really like. =)

 
At 7/13/2005 08:17:00 AM, Blogger Nette said...

Congratulations w/ the engagement ring!... I know your excited to see it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home